CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Funeral's Over and International Star Registry

Well, it's all over now. Drew's funeral was lovely and just the way that Raymond and I wanted it to be. Raymond was so strong, he got up and spoke from his heart, something that I just could not do. He did such a wonderful job. Drew is now resting under a beautiful tree close to our home surrounded by other precious babies. I know that he's no longer sick where he is and that's my comfort. That and that he was able to educate some people on such a horrible birth defect. That will be his legacy.

Raymond and I do have a request. Whoever registered a star in Drew's name, please contact us. We received the most wonderful package in the mail yesterday with a certificate and the location of Drew's star but there was no mention of who made this special gesture (what a GREAT idea!). We want to thank whoever did this personally so please send me a message or let us know in some other way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you all day long and hoping things went as best they could. You are right about his legacy; I can tell you that I have learned from him. What a wonderful gesture for someone to register a star in his name, what a beautiful tribute.
You guys will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, and I will continue to come back here to see how you are doing.

~Natalie

April said...

(((hugs)))
I have so much I want to say but can't seem to find the words to say it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had words to comfort you...

Anonymous said...

You seem to be such a strong woman, I can't imagine how much pain you must feel. i admire your strength and your honesty about the range of emotions you are feeling. Keep moving forward...L

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you were able to find some comfort on such a difficult day. I know how hard it must have been for you and your family. You are always in my thoughts.

Lauren

Anonymous said...

I am glad the service was beautiful! The May 2005 mommies on sheknows.com had a moment of silence for him during the time his funeral was planned. We have all been thinking of you and Baby Drew and just wanted you to know that. I know you are right and he is in a better place and that surely is a comfort. The star was a lovely idea! I hope someone will come forward and let you know they did it!

Blessings and hugs,
Tasha

Shawna said...

I am so glad that the funeral went the way that you and Raymond had hoped for. I have been praying for you all day extra hard! You and Raymond's strength is so inspiring!! You are so very right about Drew's legacy being education. I have definately learned a lot from supporting your family through this amazing journey. That is so sweet that someone named a star for Drew, what a beautiful and loving gesture. There is so much more that I could say but finding the words just seems so hard. I found a poem today that I thought would be good for you. I will email it to you. Thinking of you always and praying so very hard.

(((HUGS)))
Shawna and Family

Anonymous said...

Jana I have only just stumbled across your story on SK. I cannot tell you the tears I've cried as I read Drew's short journey. My heart aches for you, Raymond, Elizabeth and everyone who loved Drew. What a special little boy. From one mother to another, I am so so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you over this difficult time.

(((HUGS)))

Robyn (Western Australia)