CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Drew Update

Went to the perinatologist today for my 1 hour glucose test and should have the results tomorrow morning. What's funny is, the sterile cups they use for urine are also the ones you drink out of (they're very nice, heavy duty plastic). E. watched me pee in a cup then drink out of one and said, in her loudest voice, "Now Buggie drink pee-pee!" The nurse almost peed herself at that comment!

By the tape measure thing, I'm measuring about 3-4 weeks bigger than I should (I'll be 30 weeks on Friday). Off to US. Drew's head is measuring 33 weeks, 2 days. His torso is measuring 28 weeks. The peri thinks that's ok at this point, I mean, Ellie has a big head too! No fluid build-up around Drew's organs and things are still the same with his CDH--stomach/bowels up, liver down, heart smushed to the right. Heart rate was 134 after initially measuring 119 which was a bit scary but they think he was just sleeping.

Now for the worst news of the day but I guess it's not terrible. I have too much amniotic fluid and that can lead to pre-term labor and explains why I'm measuring big (aside from Drew himself measuring a bit large). So now I get a non-stress test, US, and normal stuff every 2 weeks. They are going to keep a close eye on the fluid level.

We have not set a firm date for his induction but it's looking like he'll be here the week of March 7. Pitocin will probably be started at night to give me plenty of time to (hopefully) have Drew in the morning.

Oh yeah, he's now 3 lbs. 6 oz., up almost a pound in 2 weeks (2 lbs. 9 oz. on 12/19). Figuring a pound a week, he'll still be under 8 lbs. at birth but even that makes me a bit nervous since E. was only 5 lbs. 11 oz.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 comments: