CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 06, 2006

ER Visit

Well, R. and I went to the ER this morning. I had not felt Drew move for over 14 hours and nothing I did was making him move. I was up the entire night trying to get him to move for me. With his problems, I figured it's better to be safe than sorry so we headed to the hospital.

They immediately took me up to L&D for observation and a non-stress test. The second they strapped on the first monitor, Drew started kicking up a storm and didn't stop the entire 45 minutes I was hooked up. He got pissed and kicked the heck out of me. I couldn't feel many of his smaller movements due to the polyhydramnios but they were showing up on the test. My BP and pulse rate were high (of course). I'm not contracting.

I guess I just need to strap something cold on my belly and he'll keep moving. As soon as I was disconnected, he quit moving. I still don't feel "right," but I haven't this entire PG. Now I feel like an idiot but the charge nurse agreed with me--given Drew's condition, it's better to be safe than sorry and I should come in any time I have a worry.

0 comments: