CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's been a month

Drew's been gone a month now. It just really doesn't seem like it's been that long. Well, right now it doesn't. There are times that it feels like it's been much longer.

I hope that everyone had a good Mother's Day. We celebrated with one of our neighbors and their family. It was very nice. Just a hard day all around for me. I'm so glad that I still have Elizabeth, she's what's keeping me going most of the time lately. I've been having a difficult time since last Friday and today was just not good.

One positive is that I woke up to find the nicest e-mail from one of Drew's regular night nurses. She made me cry but they were good tears. That helped my day go better than I had anticipated. I know I've said it over and over but the nurses that took care of Drew were nothing short of spectacular, professionally and personally.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Dear Jana, I am so happy to be able to talk to you on here. I will never forget you all, sweet Elizabeth and precious Drew. I will be praying for your strength each day, and for God to heal your aching hearts. I cannot imagine your pain. I am so sorry it all ended the way it did. Only our Lord in heaven understands why it all went the way it did. I will write more later. I love the retouched photo of Drew. He is beautiful. Love, Lori