CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 05, 2006

Good to be home

It's good to be home! Elizabeth and I had such a nice stay with my parents. It was so nice and relaxing, just what we needed. There's nothing like basking in the love of your family to make you feel great! We talked a lot about Drew and Elizabeth had so much fun with her grandparents! It's so fun to watch your parents with your children. Watching them reaches your heart and it just swells with love. The same thing happens when I watch my in-laws with E. Elizabeth is a very lucky little girl to have 4 grandparents who love her so much. Drew is too. :) We got to see my grandma and that's always so nice. My grandma is such a neat person, strong woman and I love her a lot.

When we were in Texas we got to meet someone that we'd only known online until now. Tina, her husband and their daughter Kaylee. Kaylee is 10 days older than E. The girls were so cute together; they walked around holding hands for a while. Tina and her DH are just GREAT! I feel like I've made some real friends in them.

My friend Ivy and her daughter Bella joined us at the park. Ivy, have you had Miss Sasha yet? I think you have about 8 days until your due date! You are such a cute pregnant woman and Bella is a walking doll. I've known Ivy since we were in the 5th grade and I love her and her family dearly. Friends like that are hard to come by. I can't wait to meet Sasha. :)

Coming home to the news that JJ (Jolee) had passed away hit hard. This fucking defect is so wrong. My heart is hurting for the Scott family. There is just nothing remotely right about a child dying.

I am working on some stuff to raise awareness regarding CDH. I am going to be calling on many of my very talented friends; I hope that they don't mind! I just feel like I have to do something to bring more attention to this birth defect. It's not as though it's an extremely rare thing but the awareness is not there. That needs to change and I hope that I can help change that. I'll keep everyone updated on my plans when they become more concrete.

Look at what Shawn made for us! Simply beautiful...such talent! My two boys...



Shawn also made the angel collage with me combing Drew's hair. Words just fail me sometimes.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I am so glad that your vacation did so much good for you. I know you have needed that for some time now! That graphic that Shawn made is beautiful!! You know you can count on me if you need another hand making graphics. Anytime! I'll do anything else that I can as well to help raise awareness about this. Just let me know. I have an idea that I will email you about a little later.

Many Hugs,
Shawna L. & Family

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful pic of your boys! How sweet! I'd like to help raise awareness on CDH also, any plans you have..please post! I'd LOVE to help you! It's nice to hear that you had a relaxing weekend! Well deserved! As far as your grandma being such a strong woman...you must take after her! ;) You're such a strong person (I know I've told you 100 times!) Take care Jana! Kisses and hugs
<3 Lissette

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip! I know that must have been nice. It's great that you made some new friends too. I love the picture of Drew and his daddy together. That is just beautiful! I am very sad to hear about JJ too! There have been too many babies passing from this awful defect lately and you're right...it's not right at all! Every time I see a rainbow now I will always be reminded of Drew and JJ! I agree with the poster that said to let us know what you are going to do to create awareness for CDH! I would also like to help in any way I am able!

Hugs and prayers,
Tasha

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Melissa and we are friend's of the Scott's. We never got to meet Jolee in person, but we love her and miss her so much. I cannot imagine the hurt they are feeling or that you have felt. My deepest sympathies.

I found the bracelet your friend made to help raise money for Drew. We are planning something similiar to that to raise money to donate in Jolee's name. I hate to bother you, but if you could point us int he right direction as to where to send this money, I would appreciate the help.

Please take care of yourself. Your little girl is adorable! She sounds like quite the character!

I can be reached at mbarnum@wavecable.com