CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 16, 2006

Loooooooong day

I wanted to post an update before I totally crash. It's been such a long day. Today was R.'s nose surgery and my doctor's appointment.

I got up way earlier than I would have liked and we headed to the hospital. To wait. And wait. And wait. Finally, after about 2.5 hours, they took R. back to surgery. I was told the surgery would take an hour and it did. The doc talked to me, told me everything went well and I could see R. in about an hour to an hour and a half.

I decided to make the most of my hour and go to another hospital and pick up something that my GP had for me. Did that and was back before they called me back to be with R. in step-down recovery. That's when the real fun began.

We were there for about an hour, got R. dressed and all ready to go but his blood pressure was way too high and they couldn't control his pain. :( They tried a lot of stuff but I finally had to leave him there to go to the 3rd hospital of the day for my doctor's appointment.

When I got back, R. was stretched out, with an oxygen mask on, snoring away. He slept the entire time that I was gone. We FINALLY got him to wake up--that wasn't very easy. Then he wouldn't open his eyes. His BP went down to an ok level, he was stoned out of his mind and we finally got to leave after 9.5 hours at that hospital. I thought that they might end up keeping him overnight but a combination of morphine, demarol (sp?), phenergan, percocet and lisoprostil finally did the trick. (He's snoring away on the couch as we speak.)

Then I got him settled in at home and went to get his medications filled. Wait, wait, wait on that and I finally get home. Then I start with the housework that I missed today but I finally just gave up after doing the kitchen. I'm too damn tired.

Through all of this, E. is with her grandparents, thank goodness. She spent the night there last night and will again tonight. I have to take R. to get the packing out of his nose tomorrow morning (he's bleeding A LOT). Poor guy, the doctor described what was done and it's a pretty violent procedure and he had to be intubated. His throat is actually bothering him more than anything with the intubation and drainage.

My appointment went well. My uterus is the correct size (hehe!) and we heard the heartbeat immediately--it was loud and strong at 156 beats per minute. I go back in 4 weeks for another routine check-up but before then, I have my first ultrasound on November 9. Boy or girl?! I have no feelings as to if it's one or the other. I was sure that E. was a boy (she IS a tomboy) and had no feelings with Drew. I can honestly say all that I care about is healthy, not sex. But it is exciting to find out, and we are going to this time (we didn't with E. and wavered with Drew).

Ok, time to fall down and sleep.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...you both have had enough for one day! Hope the hubby heals quickly! Yay! Your appointment sounds like it went well! Thats good!

I can't wait to hear the news of little boy or little girl!

Keep me posted *cough(moreoften)cough*