CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 17, 2006

Various things

Why am I cursed with a child who is a morning person?! She keeps waking up earlier and earlier every morning. I'm tired anyway because I'm pregnant and I can't sleep more than 2 hours at a time and then the kid wants to get out of bed at 5:50 in the morning?! It's just not fair. It's a good thing that she's cute...

I had a scare the other night. You'll remember that I opted to have the quad screen blood test to check for various birth defects. They told me that they would not call if everything was ok. The next night, they called. My heart just about jumped out of my chest. Turns out the person who drew my blood forgot to note my race and that makes a difference in the calculations so that's all that they needed. Whew. It took a while for me to calm down after that. I haven't heard from them since then so hopefully the tests came back ok. The lady at the lab was so apologetic but it still scared me to death.

The next night, Carson finally kicked so hard that my shirt moved. So it begins... :) Can you tell that I'm much more excited about this pregnancy now? I am. I feel much more connected to the baby and although I'm still very worried, at least we have some information on his condition now. I can't help comparing everything to my pregnancy with Drew. I'm not sure that my state of mind is much better this time than it was last time. I don't know. This is still so disconcerting and unreal. I feel like I'm living in a dream or something.

I think that E. finally understands that this is a new baby, not her Baby Drew. She calls him Baby Carson and will lift up my shirt to rub and kiss my belly. Thanks to her Daddy, she also calls him other things. Her current favorite movie is "Cars" and Carson has Cars in the name so R. helpfully pointed out to her that it's Baby Cars. That morphed into Baby Racing Cars today. She's going to be upset when I don't give birth to Mater. Silly child.

I am starting a new tradition. Every Christmas, E. gets a personalized ornament in her stocking from Santa. I'm getting the Make a Wish ornament (at Things Remembered) with Drew's name on it every year now. Part of the proceeds go to MAW and Drew would have been a MAW child if he had survived. It's a nice way to remember him every year. My friend Christina got me the most beautiful, special ornament in memory of Drew. Thank you so much Christina. And I need to take a picture of what Crystal got for our family and post it. It's AMAZING. After my camera batteries recharge, I'll get a pic up.

I updated Elizabeth's website this evening. There are some cute Halloween pictures up so check it out when you can.

I want to find the time to post some information about my friend's little girl. She was born with a rare condition called biliary atresia (pretty sure I spelled that correctly). I hope to do that tomorrow but in the meantime, if you could keep Sasha and her family in your thoughts I would appreciate it. Poor baby is going through more than any child should have to.

I guess that's it for now. R. took E. to the grandparents house for a visit for the night so I'm enjoying some time alone; reading a book and sitting in front of the fire. Just about the perfect night, IMO.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Carson is keeping you smiling, and what a beautiful tribute to Drew with the ornaments. We get one new ornament each year too - not quite sure what we'll get this year. When I was single, it was marilyn Monroe Hallmark ornaments (I was a collector) and now....hmmm....if Darby had her way, the tree would be covered in Nemo and Dory. AAAHHH!!!!