CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Quick weekend!

We were in Texas for a very short time over the weekend. We went to see my sister-in-law dance in "The Nutcracker." She did great, of course! We did not even attempt to take E. to see it; maybe next year she can sit still long enough to go.

Drew would have been 9 months old on Friday. Stephanie (my SIL) dedicated her performance that night to him. What a wonderfully sweet thing to do. Nine months old. Wow. It seems like yesterday that he was born. Most of the time it does, anyway.

We did not go to the memory tree thing at Children's Hospital. I just decided that I didn't want to and I'm sure that R. was thankful for that. I don't think he really cares for the memorial stuff. He grieves more privately than I do. Plus I couldn't stand the thought of anyone taking and/or destroying an ornament that we got for our son. A little thing but it would have upset me so much if something like that had happened so I just didn't take the chance. We have Drew's ornament on our tree at home and that's good enough.

Want to know what my mother did?! I usually tell her, well, everything. The ONE time I didn't tell her something, a gift that we got E. for Christmas, something happens. She and E. come walking into the house after a shopping trip and E. is carrying the darn toy that we had already gotten her for Christmas!!! The kid was so happy that we couldn't take it back. So now I'm taking back the one we got her and getting her something else. This is why grandparents should NOT spoil their grandchildren so much!! (I'm not mad, I actually think it's pretty funny!)

Hopefully we'll get E. by to see Santa this week. Maybe it will be the first year we don't have a picture of her screaming her head off. She has informed us that she does NOT want to sit on his lap but that she will stand beside him. Ok, whatever you want kid. She keeps changing her mind about what she's going to ask Santa for but I know that he's bringing her something special because he already "made" (read: bought!) it.

I'm going to get a post up about my friend's daughter, Sasha, in a bit. I implore you all to read it when I get it up and visit Sasha's website. This is a big week for their family as they are headed to Houston to have Sasha tested and put on the UNOS list. But I'll go into that in my next post.

Oh, and here are the U/S pictures from last Thursday. Carson seems to have the smallest feet of all 3 kids so far!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say I blame you for not going to the memory tree thing. I can't believe that someone would even think about stealing/destroying those precious ornaments.

The ultrasound pictures are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the pictures!! I cant wait till my bean is that big :D