CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 01, 2007

One week to go...

It's now one week until what would be Drew's 1st birthday. I guess it IS still his first b-day, right?

I'm doing better than I thought that I would be. At least for now. I tried to buy him some special flowers the other day but had to basically run out of the store before I burst into tears. So no b-day flowers as of yet. E. asked if we were going to bake him a cake and I guess we probably will.

I'm sad and bitter. First birthdays are a big deal. I hope that wherever Drew is he's looking forward to his special first. If only it could have been here with his family.

Blech, this sucks so bad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - it does suck. Celebrate and honor that beautiful boy of yours! He is watching, and smiling down on you guys.
Thinking of you!

Melanie said...

I wlil release a balloon in the air on his birthday Jana, and say a little prayer.

It must really suck, again.. I am so sorry! (hugs)

Anonymous said...

Jana- It is okay to bake Drew a cake and to celebrate his life. Drew was alive and we need to celebrate! After all, He was an amazing little boy!
XO
Julie

The Goddess G said...

Jana,
I'm thinking of you. First b-day are such huge milestones...and it's not fair that Drew isn't here with his family. I'm always here for whatever you need.
~Carole

Anonymous said...

It really must suck. Kaylee and I will be thinking of you and don't feel weird about celebrating his birthday. He was here and you deserve to remember him however you want. Hugs. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Anonymous said...

I agree you should take him a cake and do whatever you want. My thoughts are always with you Jana! Take care.