CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 16, 2007

Better and some updates

I'm better now. I just had a "day" the other day. Gotta have those every once in a while, I suppose.

I finally called the headstone place today to see about adding Carson's name. It's been almost a year since I talked to anyone there but Kay remembered us. :) Fortunately, it's not going to be too expensive to have the additional etching done. I'm going to go down there tomorrow and pay for it. I had to force myself to dial the phone number, I don't know why it was so hard for me but it needs to get done.

I don't think that I ever posted that I GOT MY NEW COUCH!! Remember, in exchange for R. getting a boat?! Well, turns out he just HAD to get a recliner while we were shopping for couches. Damn recliner cost more than my couch. I love, love, love it except for the throw pillows that came with it. So for the past month or so, I've been looking for pillows because I need to finally get some curtains up in the living room. Curtains need to match the pillows or come close. I've been agonizing over curtains for years now. I'll eventually find something that I like. (And I do mean YEARS--we've had no curtains.)

I've debated over whether or not to post this but I'm going to go ahead and do it. I post just about everything else, don't I?

When Drew died, a lot of large expenses hit at once (and then the entire master bath pipe leak issues added to them). Despite the help of both sets of our parents, we still had a lot of out-of-pocket expenses and didn't want to clean out our accounts. So we set up a couple of payment plans. One was with the funeral home. Funerals are freaking expensive, even when everything only costs 10% of what it would for an adult.

The funeral home does not generally do payment plans but they did for us. This funeral home was great and I would recommend it to anyone in the OKC area if you need one. It's Smith & Kernke.

Anyway, we got a letter back in March from them. I figured that it was just another statement but it wasn't. They had dismissed our remaining balance. Around $500.00. I just cried when I read that letter. There are really good people and businesses out there. Since we'd kept making payments, they just had the rest go away. It's not the money issue that touches me so much--it's the fact that they would do such a thing. Everyone there was so kind to us when we lost Drew and then this. It still makes me tear up to think about it.

And yes, we're still paying for Drew's expenses along with Carson's birth. Even good insurance doesn't prevent all of the costs. Really sucks. We were less than $500 away on our taxes last year from being able to deduct medical expenses. Freaking SUCKS.

Everything else is just going on out here. It's finally stopped raining for the past few days. Now it's getting hot. :( But it's almost my birthday so that's good. Except the getting older part, that is. Well, wish me luck on finally finding some pillows/fabric/curtains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are better today. You are allowed those days. Hugs and we are here if you need a shoulder.
Christina

Anonymous said...

I love random acts of kindness! I am happy you were having a better day. You are in my thoughts.