CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 18, 2008

Sorry

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while. Lots of things have been going on around our household, some good, some bad. Mostly bad but maybe some good can come out of it. I know that I'm being cryptic but that's just how it's going to be.

I've been in a pretty depressive state lately. It's really starting to hit home just how much Drew's death has affected our family and our futures. I have so much on my mind but I don't want to write about it so I'm going to grace you with some passages of a couple of books that I read over the holidays. I've been doing a lot of reading, more than usual.

I'm running out of books that interest me so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them in the comments. I'll read any genre.
---------
Title: For One More Day
Author: Mitch Albom

"'When someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times.'" (p. 145)

"I saw in her expression that old, unmistakable mountain of concern. And I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know." (p. 174)
--------
Title: The Christmas Box Collection (The Christmas Box, Timepiece and The Letter)
Author: Richard Paul Evans

"'There are things I do not understand about my pain, Catherine. If I had to choose never to have known Andrea or to have known her for one brief moment, I would have chosen to have known her and considered myself fortunate.'" (p. 255)

"'...Our lives! My memories! My pain! It is all so selfish! One would think that it is I who had died! Am I so consumed with myself and my own agony that I do not even know if I am mourning for what my little girl has lost...Or...or what I have lost?'" (p. 256)

"That some things, like a parent's love, do last forever in a time and place where all broken hearts will forever be made whole. And if, in the silent vastness of a mysterious universe, or in the quietness of men's hearts, there is such a place as heaven, then it coudn't be anything more than that." (p. 284)

3 comments:

The Nanny said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. As for books, can I suggest "March" by Geraldine Brooks, and "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger?

Mommyto3K's said...

Hi Jana,
Just wanted to let you know that all of your friends from the Sweets and Clover bd are thinking about you. We wish you tons of strength to get through this difficult time. Here are a couple of suggestions for books from different genres/topics the group. If we happen to come up with more I'll send them your way. Hope this helps and just know that we are all thinking about you!!

Here's the list

"Red Bird Christmas" by Fannie Flagg
"Good in Bed" and "In Her Shoes" by Jennifer Weiner
"You're not the Boss of Me" by Erica Scheckel
"She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb
"The Red Tent" by Anita Diamante
Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
Short books by Robert Fulghum

Also on of the gals mentioned a site called shelfari.com for book suggestions.
Hugs,
Cheri

The Goddess G said...

Jana,
Thinking of you...
~Carole