CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 18, 2008

This is how it ends.

I am going to discontinue posting in this blog. I will not blog--I cannot say if that's just temporary or permenant--here or anywhere else. There are a couple of reasons for me doing this:

1. As I move on in my grief over losing Drew, I feel that this, which has been my place to pour out emotions that one would not see from me on a daily basis, is counterproductive. (What a run-on sentence, huh?) I am on a path of healing and don't feel that I can take the next step if I continue to dwell on things here;

2. I am afraid that I may inadvertently (sp?) reveal some things going on in my life at the moment that others do not wish revealed. I don't want to make an already difficult situation even worse.

So there you have it. I want to thank all of you that have followed Drew's story, offered your support and grieved with me. It means more to me than you can ever possibly know.

If you wish to keep in touch, I can be reached at janalyn @ sbcglobal . net (no spaces, of course--I get enough spam as it is). I can't promise to be a faithful "e-mail pal" because I'm bad about reading stuff and then forgetting to reply later but I can promise to try. A Rainbow of Hope will continue to be operational in memory of sweet little Drew.

Thanks for the ride, it's been healing.

13 comments:

The Goddess G said...

Jana,
I completely understand. I think that's part of the reason I switched blogs.
~Carole

Kathy McC said...

I wish you nothing but the best. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I read your blog from Jackson's site. His Grandma and I are cousins. I must say your children are beautiful and I know they all are loved very much. We lost are Grandson to a birth defect and I will never forget him, Take care of yourself. Karen from PA

Anonymous said...

Punkin', if this helps you in the healing process, then so be it. You know that me and your Mother are there for you. Just remember,

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Dad

2 Babes in Boyland said...

I got to "know" Drew from your posts at bf.com, and your blog. I am glad your grief journey continues and you are moving forward. Your precious angel boy will always be with you!

Blessings in your journey!
Marla
2 Babes in Boyland/All Boys for Me at bf.com

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that this will help you move forward in th grief process. I am always here for you.
Christina

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life experinces. You and your family will always be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care
mandy in PA

Mommyto3K's said...

Jana,
I totally understand and I think this will be a step in the right direction for you to be able to move forward. I wish you the best of luck in your healing process. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. You and your family will stay in my thoughts and prayers.
Best Wishes,
Cheri

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your journey and I hope to cross paths with you again!

~Martha

Princess Jen said...

I will miss reading your entries, Jana. Best of luck on the next road. You are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and thank you for sharing your story and your life. Keep healing and know that we love you and we won't ever forget about Drew.
Love
Julie

Kendra's mom said...

Haven't read your blog in a while and am sad to see that you are not posting any more but if it helps with the healing process then good for you and I hope everything goes well for you. I also often think of stopping my blog esp. now after 2 years. Best of luck Jana, I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read your blog in months and was thinking of you today and decided to check on you and saw that you had stopped posting a while back. I am happy that the healing process is going well for you and I completely understand why you needed to stop posting on this blog.

You (and Drew!) will never know how enlightening you have been for me or what an inspiration you have been. I am so thrilled that a couple of states are starting to recognize what CDH is and I know you are partly responsible!

You are right that Drew was loved and he knew it. Never feel guilty about moving on...it's what he would want and what is natural.

I never met you, didn't really "know" you, and yet I feel that I do after keeping up with you for 2+ years. Thank you for making me aware of how precious life is and taking the time to share your life with us!!!

I wish you nothing but happiness from here on out! :-)

Love,
Tasha, Scott, Kylie, and Cohen Jefferies