CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 13, 2006

The latest news

Just got home from my latest NST. Drew's still sounding ok and contractions aren't consistent or strong. My nurse asked me if I were still alive because she had a hard time getting my blood pressure. It was 104/62, yikes! I feel ok though...

I got a surprise physical exam for GBS (group B strep). I wasn't expecting that until next Monday. I am a fingertip dialated but my cervix is still high and closed. Drew's head is "bumping around up there" and not engaged even though it certainly feels like he's down to me! In other words, no baby anytime soon. That's a good thing--only 3 weeks and 2 days left to hang in there. I'll deal with any uncomfortableness (is that a word?) and pain so that he can stay in longer.

I asked about the NICU situation. While they cannot guarantee that Drew won't be transferred (understandable), they highly doubt it due to his condition. Since he'll need surgery and not just monitoring, he'll be one of the highest risk babies. I guess I knew that, but it feels good to have a bit more reassurance.

0 comments: