CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 12, 2006

Another request

I know that I've asked so much of you all, our friends, family and strangers. You have all come through for us in our most difficult times and now I'm going to ask you to come through for us to do something positive.

As you know, I've been working on plans to purchase copies of the book "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby," by Deborah L. Davis and give them to OU Medical Center to give to every family that has to leave the hospital without their child. I really feel that this book is a great resource and can help others understand and deal with their grief.

I'm finally at the point where everything is coming together. The publisher is willing to sell the books to me at a deeply discounted rate (40% off for orders of 50-100, 45% off for orders of 101-250, and 50% off for orders over 250). Now I'm asking you to help me with this project. Anything will help and if my plans go ok, OU Medical Center won't be the only hospital that benefits. You can make a donation by clicking on the button below, it goes directly to my Paypal account, or you can mail me your donation.














Unfortunately, at this time, donations are not tax deductible but I hope that they will be in the near future.

Thank you for reading this and all that you have all done for us throughout everything. There really are no words that can convey the depth of our thanks.

Edit: The button has been fixed. More information to come.

2 comments:

Kendra's mom said...

Hi, I have just come onto your blog today. My baby died at 11 months old. She had a syndrome which we think was partially the cause of her death. My son is 7 years old and, like E., accepts that she has gone to heaven and is always with us. As a mother I still battle to come to terms with it as I want to be able to hold her still. I will try to get hold of the book you speak of. I haven't really done any reading about the loss of a child. Thank you for the recommendation and I will try and make a donation although SA rands are not worth so much over there (I am assuming you are in the States). Wishing you strength to get through the dark days.

Anonymous said...

Jana,

You do not know me, but I read about your website on Catherine's blog.

My wife and I live in Arkansas. We lost our little boy at 4 months old in February, 2005. Jackson spent his entire life in the NICU at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock. Since his death, we started a nonprofit foundation called the Jackson Graves Foundation. It is geared toward helping families cope with both life in the NICU for a long term patient and family centered care and support.

Your idea of providing copies of this book fits very neatly with the purposes of our foundation, and we could start a fund if you wanted so that donations for this book WOULD be tax deductible since we already have the nonprofit set up. All funds collected in this way would then be deductible by the donor and would be earmarked for purchasing the books for the OU Hospital. We would be happy to do this. You can email us at info@jacksongraves.org if this is something you would like to explore, and our website is www.jacksongraves.org if you want to know more about the foundation.

Our prayers are with all of those coping with ill babies and loss, and specifically for you. God Bless.