CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I forgot...

I forgot to say thank you to everyone who has donated to Drew's memorial fund. I received the list from the hospital volunteers on Thursday and spoke to the woman compiling it. She said that the response had been soooooooo huge, much larger than normal! I am so happy that you all thought of Drew and your donations will help other seriously ill children and their families. I will be working on personal thank you notes in the upcoming days, I just wanted to let you all know that we recognize what you have done and how much it means to us. I also want to thank Cynthia and Glenna at the Children's Hospital Volunteers for overseeing and organizing everything. The help that they have provided us has been invaluable. And Judith in the social work department. She is a truly wonderful, caring woman who has helped me in so many areas.

E. and I finally got to see Daddy today! She loves him so much (as do I!) and he's such a wonderful father. Truly, anyone who sees him with his baby girl knows what a great father he is. We've been together over 12 years, married 10 this December, and I love him more than I did back then. He was my rock through everything with Drew. He's always my rock and I'm just happier when he's around.

It was so nice to spend the afternoon with family, all of who I love so very much because they're such wonderful people--my in-laws, my sister-in-law who is more like my sister, Aunt Donna and Uncle Danny and Roger and Judy. It was therapy for me to spend time with all of them today after such a difficult day yesterday.

And then my friend Chelsea called me this evening. I was soooooooooo happy to hear from her! I talked to her son Jake too. Jake is 7 months older than E. and they are two of a kind. A couple of really great kids. C. wants a girl and I want a boy so we're going to trade kids for a week, lol! Not really but I'd love to have Jake, he's a pretty neat kid. I'm telling you, these kids are on the same wavelength. Today, E. got into some red nail polish and had it from head to toe and all over Raymond's chair. Jake painted the walls with nail polish last week. (For the record, I didn't even get mad at E. Drew's death has put things into perspective and a chair just doesn't rate that high on my list. I reminded her of the rules in our home and she spent some time alone in her room as "punishment." Luckily R. feels the same way!)

I'm just babbling now so I'll sign off. It was just such a good day that I had to share.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I am SO glad that you had such a good day Jana and that you and E. got to see Raymond. I'm sure that was hard being away from him right now. I'm so so happy to know that you are so surrounded by people that love you and want to support you and help you. That is amazing! I promise I will be doing more once I get moved this week. Things have just been so crazy and I know it's not a good excuse but I'll try harder, I promise. I love you sweetie and I want to do anything that I can!! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I have not been here for a while and decided that I would check in and see what is going on with Angel Drew's blog. What an amazing slideshow, I should not have looked at it this afternoon (at least not at work) as it brings tears to my eyes. I prayed for Drew when he was here on this earth and I still will pray for him. Know that God is watching over him completely and that the angels are his friends. God Bless you and yours.