CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 09, 2006

Whew!

I have so much respect for single parents or those who have significant others who travel a lot. R. went out of town last night so I've had no help with E. Man, I'm exhausted! The child has energy! She's currently up in her bedroom with every single book that was in her bookcase on the bed with her. She's "reading" her stories out loud!

We went to Gymboree this morning. Why does it seem as though every mother there has a newborn or is pregnant? It really bothered me today because there were a LOT of newborn boys. We kind of rushed out after class because I was about to cry.

We then went to the cemetary. R. had removed everything from Drew's grave because the cemetary was doing some work and otherwise they would have removed it and trashed everything. I took some stuff back out there. His little grave looked so sad without anything on it. :( At least when his headstone is done that will always be there and it will have a vase so I can keep flowers that won't get thrown out.

I faxed our insurance status change form to R.'s company today. That was hard, only being eligible to make a change because our son died. I had to draw a line through his name. Doesn't sound like much but it bothered me and is STILL bothering me and I did it last night.

I'm really missing Drew today even though E. and I had a really fun time. I'm so glad that we have her, the little stinker!

I revised Drew's slideshow. It now has some music and a few extra pictures. I'll warn you though, it's long. Something like 8.5 minutes.

I'm just hot (100 degrees today), tired and cranky right now. I miss my husband but we'll get to see him and Grammy and Papa tomorrow.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you to send in that insurance paper. I can completely understand why it would bother you. To draw a line through Drew's name, that would break my heart! (breaks my heart and he wasn't my child) I can't wait until they have Drew's headstone up, as weird as that sounds. But at least then it will be official recognition... did that come out right? I'm sorry you had such a bad day today but glad that you had fun with Buggie. I'm so glad that you have her, a little sunshine to peek through those dark clouds and shine upon you. She is such a wonderful kid!!

Love ya sweetie!
Shawna L.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are having a hard day. Hugs to you. I hope R gets home soon. It is such a hard thing when they are away and you are used to them being home.

Christina

Anonymous said...

Hugs for your hard day. I wish I could make it better. I know it is hard to have R away. It is so hard when you are used to having them there then they are gone.
Tina

Emma said...

LOVE the slideshow :) It must be very hard for you to be around newborn boys at Gymboree, but I applaud you for even going, WTG trying to keep everything normal for E. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Love ya's. Emma.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine how hard the whole insurance thing must have been. I agree with Shawna...it breaks my heart just thinking about it. Drew's slide show is just beautiful beyond belief!

~Carole