CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy birthday to me!

Well, at exactly 3:52 a.m. CST tomorrow morning, anyway! Think I should call my parents at that time and remind them how lucky they are that they had me?! :D I threaten to do it every year but I actually can this year since I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be awake then. I will be/am now 30 years old. Dang, that sounds old (feels old too!).

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm horrible about replying to my e-mail. I've gotten really bad lately because of my grief as well as Elizabeth and working on too many projects at once. I'll eventually get back to everyone.

I want to ask everyone reading this to keep Baby Sasha in your thoughts and prayers. I won't go into detail about what's going on out of respect for her family but just know that she needs everyone pulling for her. She is the daughter of one of my oldest (as in long time!), dearest friends, Ivy, and her husband Brandon. Her big sister Bella is 4 months older than E. and they are great friends. I've known Ivy since elementary school and she is such a dear person. I always enjoy the time we get to spend together immensely.

I'm still talking to Aytekin via e-mail. I can just feel his deep pain so much and wish that I could make it all better. He is a wonderful husband who is doing all he can for Emel; she is lucky to have him and he her. I will not divulge their history but will just say that Mert was so wanted and so loved. It's not right that anyone loses a child, especially a couple like them. My heart is truly breaking for them.

I've almost got one of the things completed for my CDH friends. At this rate, each one will take about 3 weeks to 1 month to finish. And I keep thinking of people to add so my list is getting longer. This is important to me though so I'm going to see it through.

I spoke to Angie at the Jackson Graves Foundation on Monday. Things are going well and we are almost at the point of ordering the books. I will let everyone know when we do it, when they arrive and when I present them to the hospital. I'm so excited about this!

Elizabeth is being, well, Elizabeth. Today was a BAD day. I was counting the minutes until R. got home. At least Drew didn't have to go through these toddler years!

A couple of cute things she has said over the past few days: two of of our fish have died. She told me that they were in the cemetery with Baby Drew keeping him company and now he has fishies like her. Also, she told me that one of her dalmation fish was named Baby Drew because it was the prettiest one in the tank. So sweet, however, it appears that Baby Drew is probably a female that happens to be pregnant!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one! Noone deserves it more than you!

E. just keeps getting cuter but I am sure the toddler years are trying as well. My daughter has just entered toddlerhood (she's almost 15 months) and there are days I want to pull my hair out and wonder how we will manage when she's 2, lol!

Love,
Tasha

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you! We wish you good health, happiness, peace, success, love and all beautiful things...We hope you get everything you deserve. You are a wonderful mom and a wonderful friend.

Shawna said...

Happy Birthday Jana! You are exactly 20 days older than me. LOL I hope you are able to enjoy your birthday sweetie!!

E is so funny! She's always coming up with stuff isn't she? I bet she is constantly making you laugh. I'd LOVE to see her and Roo together. That would be a hoot.

Someday....someday!

Love ya,
Shawna

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day! We need to get Elizabeth and Jason together, they'd be a hoot!
Thinking of you,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good day! I have been thinking about you lately.

Love,
Jamie
Momsescape

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I laughed so hard at the thought of calling your parents in the middle of the night...why have I never though of that??? lol

Elizabeth is so cute. I think she is smart beyond her years. Abigail is turning 3 in September...and I'm hoping that we usher out the 2's with it. lol I can hope anyways. :)
~Carole

Anonymous said...

Happy belated to you! I dread the big 30 myself....I'm kind of hoping that everyone will forget when it's my turn LOL. Anyway I just wanted you to know that I stopped by to check up. I know that time will never change how you feel about Drew's passing, but eventually things will be a little easier to cope with. It helps when you have a wonderful little girl to cheer you up and say the cutest things ever! Here's a HUG for you Jana!

Take care for now!
Luv
Amanda