CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 11, 2006

Baby Joseph

I want to send out a request to everyone here to please keep Baby Joseph and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Carole, Jonathan and their children are facing a very difficult delivery. They were told that Exit to ECMO is not an option and that all that can be offered is a "compassionate delivery." There is no way to know how long Joseph will live after birth but his lung capacity is severely limited (7%, I believe) and his CDH is bilateral. :( ECMO cannot help a problem that severe nor can surgery.

Carole has dealt with everything with such grace and a wonderful sense of humor but she is, of course, beside herself right now. I wish that I could just give her a big hug. I can never know their exact pain but I feel it so deeply.

That's all I have for now--I'm too upset for more; please pray for this family and their percious son.

3 comments:

Kathy McC said...

I'm so very sorry. Prayers and (((hugs))) for the family, and for you.

Shawna said...

How heart breaking!! I can't even imagine having to deal with something like this. Many prayers are going out to this family. (((HUGS))) to them all!

Shawn C said...

The strength Carole is showing is far stronger than anyone can imagine. Hugs and prayers to Carole and her family.