CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 11, 2006

Baby Joseph

I want to send out a request to everyone here to please keep Baby Joseph and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Carole, Jonathan and their children are facing a very difficult delivery. They were told that Exit to ECMO is not an option and that all that can be offered is a "compassionate delivery." There is no way to know how long Joseph will live after birth but his lung capacity is severely limited (7%, I believe) and his CDH is bilateral. :( ECMO cannot help a problem that severe nor can surgery.

Carole has dealt with everything with such grace and a wonderful sense of humor but she is, of course, beside herself right now. I wish that I could just give her a big hug. I can never know their exact pain but I feel it so deeply.

That's all I have for now--I'm too upset for more; please pray for this family and their percious son.

3 comments:

Kathy McC said...

I'm so very sorry. Prayers and (((hugs))) for the family, and for you.

Shawna said...

How heart breaking!! I can't even imagine having to deal with something like this. Many prayers are going out to this family. (((HUGS))) to them all!

Anonymous said...

The strength Carole is showing is far stronger than anyone can imagine. Hugs and prayers to Carole and her family.