CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 09, 2006

The first ultrasound

Let's see if I can remember everything...

We were clearly shown that the baby's stomach is BELOW the diaphragm. I can't tell you what a relief it was to see that. They spent a good amount of time examining the heart and everything looks ok there. It's too early for an echocardiogram but one will be done later. The heartrate was 156 beats per minute, which is good. The baby weighs 8 oz. which is absolutely normal. All of the measurements were right on for my due date, within 2 days of it. So the due date is still April 16, 2007. The kidneys look good and we saw a full bladder. Brain measurements, bone measurements, etc. were all normal and average. (Who knew I'd ever be happy to have an "unremarkable, average, normal baby?!)

I have another U/S scheduled for December 7. At that point, the baby will be swallowing fluid and we'll be able to see the bowel more clearly and hopefully get a heart echo. They will also be able to see any weaknesses in the diaphragm (within reason).

Baby was moving quite a bit and liked to curl up in a ball. At one point, "it" flipped completely and the tech had to restart the heart examination. I wasn't sure if we'd be able to see the sex but we were. Baby didn't spread it's legs quite like Drew did but, it IS a BOY!!

Now to fight about names. :) Here are a few pictures, no 3d or 4d this time around.







13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, what a relief! GREATNESS!

Jenn

Emma said...

OMG what wonderful news! I have tears of joy for you, R, E and the rest of your family. How awsome yay!!! :D

Kathy McC said...

That's absolutely WONDERFUL! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I've been waiting ALL day to come check this. I can't believe it's a boy, but I'm soooo happy for you:) I know what you mean about a "normal" baby! I hope you can start to enjoy your miracle now:)

Ivy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jana! I am so happy to hear the news of your healthy baby boy. Have fun picking names and I hope that you are able to enjoy your miracle a little more now. What a blessing.
Hugs from Nat, Jorden and Callum

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I kept thinking of you all day and couldn't wait to hear. I am so happy for you. I can't believe it is a boy. I have tears for all of you.

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooo happy that things look so good! PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is SO great Jana!! I'm happy everything went well! You all are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have tears in my eyes! I am so happy that everything looks okay and that you are having a boy! How wonderful and what a relief!! Congratulations!!!

Love,
Tasha

Anonymous said...

I must have posted my message wrong last time... anyhoo I want to you to know I am so happy for you guys. I have thought of you often!

Anonymous said...

Jana, I just read about the U/S! I'm so happy and relieved to hear everything is o.k.! Best wishes for all of you and the baby boy! Love you all!

Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

OH JANA! I am so extraordinarily THRILLED for you and your family!! E and Drew are going to have a baby brother!! I'm also so thankful that everything looks great! I hope you enjoy this pregnancy and aren't too tired.

Once again, congratulations!! I was away for the weekend and thinking about you. I wanted to be sure to check your blog before bed!! GLAD I DID!! Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you! Celebrate this victory. :)