Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Test results

Ok, so they always say that I won't get a call if everything is ok. This time, I didn't want that; I wanted someone to tell me whether or not I passed or failed the glucose test. Aside from the implications on this pregnancy, I have a HUGE family history of diabetes on my dad's side of the family and my mom was adopted so who knows what's on that side? I called the doctor's office yesterday and left a message with someone who was going to find out for me and call me back. No call yesterday.

Then the phone rings this morning. It's my OB herself. Going through my mind is, "Why would she call me herself unless the news is bad?!" So I'm at the point of freaking out when she tells me that everything is ok. I do not have gestational diabetes. Whew, at least that's one less worry. Only 3 months to go now.

Elizabeth has been helping me get out the baby stuff: swing, exersaucer, bouncy seat, etc. I know that I don't need that stuff now and might not after Carson's here but heck, might as well do it while I can still kind of bend over. Notice I say kind of, it's getting harder every day. It's funny how differently I am preparing for this birth as compared to Drew's. I put the crib and bassinet together for Drew but that was about it. Even putting those together for him made me feel like I was jinxing things. I guess maybe I did. I asked friends if I should prepare Drew's room (painting, etc.) before his birth; I just didn't know what to do. I had decided to wait with the big decorating until he got to come home and to make it a celebration. That celebration never came. I'm just sad that everything is different this time but at the same time I'm happy. With that, I have no clue what I'm talking about right now so I'm sure that no one else does either.

Today I got the bright idea to take out the trash. Nothing too unusual about that except the ground is frozen in drifts of sleet/ice. Not even beating on it with a hammer will break it up (I tried). I made it to the trash can ok but fell when I was turning around. I fell HARD. Luckily I landed on my left side, mainly on my wrist and hip. My wrist is killing me and is starting to turn colors and swell but Carson seems ok. I got back into the house and laid down to get him to move. He started moving fairly quickly otherwise I was on the way to the hospital. And he's kept moving so I'm pretty sure all is well. I go to the doctor on Monday anyway and I'll monitor his movements in the meantime.


Melanie said...

I'm glad your tests came back negative! That's terrific!

Ouch, I hope your wrist feels better asap, and that your hip doesn't get bruised! I was pregnant all winter with Tyler and I was so scared of falling. I guess that is the only downside of being pregnant in the winter!!

Kathy McC said...

I am glad you don't have GD! So sorry to hear that you fell, but sounds like you took the brunt of it and not Carson. I fell when I was pg with Aaron and I still have a scar from where I landed. Thank goodness for all of that amniotic fluid and padding!

Lauren said...

So glad to hear the test results! Now you can relax a bit. Be careful!

Love Lauren