CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 19, 2007

Place your bets

I saw my OB for my 36 week check-up/GBS swab toady. That's group B strep for those not in the know--if positive you need antibiotics during delivery. There's a long explanation for it but it's fairly normal and common; I was GBS- for both of my other pregnancies but that means nothing. I got my birth plan approved with very little discussion. :) My biggies are no problem, like no episiotomy. My OB says that she doesn't do them anyway. YAY!!! I hated recovering from that with E. Anyway.....

Time to place your bets on when Carson will arrive. There's no stopping labor now if it starts. Let's see, I gained another pound (23 pounds so far), urine was clear, BP was high for me at 128/72 and I measured in at 37 centimeters, 1 week ahead. Carson's heart rate was 128 bpm and he kicked up a storm for the doctor. She said that he might be small but he's spunky. That's my kid. His head is resting on the left side of my pelvis between the cervix and hip. He's been in that position for as long as I can remember, the exact same position as Drew and E. (I think; I know that she was head down early on and stayed that way like Drew and Carson). Haven't lost my mucous plug yet (I know that it can regenerate).

This past weekend, and especially today, I've been having contractions. They are not big ones and not necessarily painful but very uncomfortable. They are not Braxton Hicks contractions according to the doctor, they're the real deal and can continue on for weeks. Lucky me, it's just making me miserable at this point. I cannot find a comfortable position for the life of me. The last month of PG really kicks my ass physically.

One more pertinent bit of information before predicting the day Carson gets here--I'm only dilated to 1 cm. and my cervix is still high. That depressed me even though I want to go to term; anyone who has endured those last 4 weeks of PG knows how much you just want the darn baby out due to discomfort.

So there's the deal on Carson. My own prediction, and take it for what it's worth since I was off with E. and off with Drew, is that Carson will be born about 1 week past his due date (around April 23) and will weigh somewhere between E. and Drew, say 6 lbs. 4 oz.

It's spring break out here this week and it's supposed to rain all week long so wish me well that I retain my sanity with E. She's becoming increasingly difficult and argumentative.

Ok, just one E. story. I can't resist because something like this would only happen to a family that has been through what we have (I know that many of you can relate). And only we would find it amusing. She has a Wiggles ride-on car that she's really too big for but she likes it anyway. She was pushing it around the living room saying that it was her, "cemetery car." She would put various items on it and take them to the cemetery. What a kid, it made me sad and smile at the same time.

8 comments:

The Goddess G said...

My prediction...and I'm never right...is April 9th.

Too cute and sad at the same time about E.

Thinking of you during this last stretch...
~Carole

Melanie said...

That story about E touched my heart, Jana. What sweet children you have..

My prediction is:

April 18th
6lbs 1oz
19.5" long and
born at 8:44am

I can't wait to hear your birth story!! I hope you have a wonderful birth, the type of birth that you are hoping for! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jana,
You are almost there!!!You are still going for a VBAC right??? Good luck. For what it is worth I had a successful VBAC last year and it was a breeze compared to the section. I am sure you will do great!!! E sounds too funny. I loved the story about the string...that is totally something my 3.5 year old would do.

As for Carson, I say

April 22nd
7lbs and 1 ounce
19 3/4 inches
I think he will be an early am baby.
Cheri
aka mommytokandk and sept 9th mommy

Anonymous said...

I will guess you will have him on April 8th.

I can't believe he is almost here! Take it easy in these last few weeks.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog recently, linked from another blog of a mother who lost a child. I went back and read some of your earlier entries and I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story.

I can very closely relate to your feelings and emotions about Drew's death and your current pregnancy.

I gave birth to my third daughter last June, she lived only 7 hours, and died - cause of death "undetermined". Despite my history of infertility, we conceived again very soon after Abby's death and I am now 27 weeks pregnant with my fourth daughter, with the exact same due date that Abby had.

I wish you a healthy baby and many blessings for you and your family.

If you are interested, you can read more about me and my family on my blog.

Janice
http://babycatcher33.livejournal.com/

Anonymous said...

OK - here goes....*deep breath*

April 11th
7 lbs 3 oz
21 inches long
born sometime in the evening....after supper

LOL - now I just feel silly!
Take care - REST!!

Anonymous said...

Been waiting for the date to come to me but it hasn't so I'm going out on a limb....

April 17th
2:15pm
7 lbs 5 oz
20 inches

Our family has a lot in April...the 9th, 10th, and 15th are all Miller birthdays; we'd be honored if he made his appearance on any of those as well!
Hope you're feeling ok!
Love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I am going to guess somewhere between April 8-10!
Carson will be 7 pound 4 ounces and 20 inches long!

Hang in there Jana, not too long now

Hugs from Nat