CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Walk to Remember

OKC Walk to Remember at OU Medical Center

Mark your calenders, it's that time again. The annual Walk to Remember is coming up in October. It is a nice gathering for those who have lost children, their families and friends. There is usually a speaker or two and then a walk around the pond culminating with the tossing of stones into the pond in remembrance of our loved ones. It was really nice last year. I was pregnant with Carson last time and now he gets to participate. It's things like this that are so bittersweet for me--I still struggle with reconciling my joy about Carson with my grief over losing Drew. I guess I will my entire life.

Anyway, you're all invited to walk with us if your in the area! I'm going to try and make up some new shirts with Drew's picture on them. I'm really missing him a lot lately.

October is infant loss awareness month so I urge you all to remember all of the families who are no longer complete due to the loss of one or more members.



That's all for now, more to come later.

2 comments:

The Goddess G said...

Jana,
What an awesome way to celebrate Drew's life. I'll be thinking of you all on that day. Sorrow co-existing with joy is one of those baffling thing of our human experience. Somedays I still can't seem to find my way out.

Wishing you the best...
~Carole

Anonymous said...

RAYMOND DREW LEWALLEN
To my not so forgotten Grandson.
As I sit here and write this on my computer, I am thinking of you. The reason I am, is because soon I will be celebrating your life at the Walk to Remember in Oklahoma City. You meant so much to me and your Grandmother. Your short lived life was such a blessing. We love you and hope to see you in the future.
As for your Daddy, Mother, big Sister, and little Brother, I know they miss you terribly. They would have been the perfect family for you. I know for a fact that there is not a day that goes by that your Mother does not think of you. I’m sure your Daddy does too. Your big sister, Elizabeth, does too. Carson is too young to remember, but his spirit is there.
So Buddy Boy, we all love you very much and will show it on Saturday, October the 13th, 2007.
Love
Grand Daddy